“Invest in your future”
Rules & Guidelines:
FPBA Body Painting Challenge
The 2016 body painting competition will be an opportunity of a lifetime as competitors will work in teams: one of the FPBA instructors (or another body painter / instructor who has taught at other conventions and/or participated in the larger championship painting venues) and a small team of rookie body painters! Teams will be randomly created on and announced Tuesday morning at the general session and posted on the bulletin board. We sincerely hope that teaming up pros with amateurs will facilitate the spirit of this convention to encourage people to expand their art in areas where they have never before had the opportunity.
Duration: Teams will have 5 hours to complete their body painting.
Time: 12:30 – 5:30 pm Thursday, November 17.
Judging and photography will start at 5:45
Theme: The theme for the body painting competition will be an “Open Theme” meaning that artists can paint whatever they like on the models. During judging, each team member will be expected to deliver a short verbal presentation describing the theme that they chose to paint.
Only industry standard professional face and body painting products are allowed.
Airbrush can be used in combination with sponge and brush, however, airbrush application is not to exceed 50% of total design.
Special effects may be used including:
– False eyelashes
– False nails
– Prosthetics/Fabric applied with glue
Other Special Notes of Interest:
– Reference materials, drawings, computers are allowed to be used during the competition.
– At least 80% of the body needs to be painted including the face.
– Head pieces are optional but will add to the total impact of your design.
– Nails, hair and eyelashes are the only things allowed to be completed before competition time.
– Models must wear a bikini, bra and panties or some type of alternative that will go with the G-Rated nature of the convention. no thong underwear.
Judging will be based on:
– Flow of Design
– Visual Impact
– Colour Scheme
– Quality of Application
Certificates will be presented to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place teams.
We hope you are able to take advantage of this incredible opportunity to paint with one of the Pro’s and add some spectacular artwork to your portfolio!!
Good Luck – and have fun!