“Invest in your future”
What is FPBA?
- FPBA is the annual Face Painting and Body Art Convention that will be held in St. Louis, Missouri. This year’s convention takes place November 16 – 20, 2014 at the beautiful Crowne Plaza in St. Louis, MO. Please click on the Visitor’s Information tab for more information on the hotel.
What is the purpose of the convention?
Who should attend?
- A new painter, wanna be painter, or a seasoned painter who has the desire to expand their knowledge and skill level by learning from fellow artists at all levels and some of the best instructors in the world.
How much does it cost?
- Full registration price is $325 (please check out the registration tab for possible discounts).
What is included in the registration fee?
- Your registration fee gets you 4 days of the convention, access to the vendor room, jam sessions and the banquet to close out the convention.
- Registrations are non-reundable. Should you need to cancel you may sell your registration to another attendee (please contact convention organizer to change registrants name) or defer its use until next year.
What is a “jam session”?
- A “jam session” is a relaxed, fun time filled with raffle prizes, and an opportunity for everyone to set up their kits, start painting and learn from one another. Instructors will be on hand to give help and the vendors will be highlighting their newest and best products available to make your life easier. After a few hours, the vendors will close down but the jam can continue all night long!
What are Pre Classes?
- These are special classes that are taught by some of the best instructors in the world. They are designed with a very low teacher to student ratio so you receive a lot of individual attention. These classes are 4 hours and are available with a separate registration/payment. You can register for these classes by scrolling down on the registration page and signing up for the instructor of your choice. PreClasses are held on Sunday November 16, 2014.
Are there additional costs?
- Hotel and meals are separate, with the exception of the banquet. There will also be a vendor room should you wish to stock up on supplies.
Who are the instructors?
- We are so fortunate to have such incredible talent from Around the World converging at the FPBA Convention in November to share their knowledge and demonstrate their expertise in our craft. Check out our Instructors page for more information on what they will be teaching and their biographies.
Will I be able to buy supplies?
- There will be a Vendor Room where you can learn what’s new in the world of must haves as well as stock up on those vital supplies. If you are interested in reserving a space in the Vendor Room, please contact Karen Owens at 636 734 7769 or KarenFPBA@gmail.com
What should I bring?
- Here is a helpful list of what to bring/do before coming to the convention. Essential items include painting supplies, camera and business cards.
The purpose of the convention is to foster creativity through education while providing an opportunity for artists to connect with and learn from one another. We aim to inspire individuals to “invest in their future” by assisting them to build businesses that will enrich their lives and allow them to follow their dreams. The convention offers a place for fellowship and sharing that promotes positive attitudes, actions and encouragement to others to understand their artistic abilities are blessings that can transform not only faces but hearts as well.