This year we are doing a new twist on the old convention competition idea, please read the challenge details below – if you wish to take part in this event please fill out the artist registration form.
Rules & Guidelines:
FPBA Body Painting Challenge
The 2012 body painting competition will be an opportunity of a lifetime as competitors will work in teams: one of the FPBA instructors and a team of rookie body painters! Teams will be randomly created on the meet and greet opening night where an instructor will be matched with their team.
We sincerely hope that teaming up pros with amateurs will facilitate the spirit of this convention to encourage people to expand their art in areas where they have never before had the opportunity.
– If you are a seasoned professional who has competed and placed first, second, or third in a body painting competition before and plan on competing but are not an FPBA instructor, you will be teamed up with a ‘rookie’ painter and judged in the ‘instructor’ pool of competitors.
Duration: Teams will have 5 hours to complete their body painting.
Snack: Will be provided to competitors and models
Theme: The theme for the body painting competition will be an “Open Theme” meaning that artists can paint whatever they like on the models. During judging, each team member will be expected to deliver a short verbal presentation describing the theme that they chose to paint and the creative process they used to design and complete the piece.
Only industry standard professional face and body painting products are allowed.
Airbrush can be used in combination with sponge and brush, however, airbrush application is not to exceed 50% of total design.
Special effects may be used including:
– False eyelashes
– False nails
– Prosthetics/Fabric applied with glue
Other Special Notes of Interest:
– Reference materials, drawings, computers are allowed to be used during the competition.
– At least 80% of the body needs to be painted including the face.
– Head pieces are optional but will add to the total impact of your design.
– Nails, hair and eyelashes are the only things allowed to be completed before competition time.
Judging will be based on:
– Flow of Design
– Visual Impact
– Colour Scheme
– Quality of Application
Prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd place.
We hope you are able to take advantage of this incredible opportunity to paint with one of the Pro’s and add some spectacular artwork to your portfolio!!
Good Luck – and have fun!